valohai-utils streamlines pipeline definition and writing Valohai-compatible code. This is achieved by offering utility functions for the most common tasks.
What does valohai-utils do?
- Generates and updates the valohai.yaml config file based on the source code
- Agnostic input handling (single file, multiple files, zip, tar)
- Parse command-line parameters
- Compress outputs
- Download inputs for local experiments
- A straightforward way to print metrics as Valohai metadata
- Code parity between local vs. cloud
Install the tools
Start by creating a new folder on your local machine, and installing the Valohai tools:
mkdir valohai-tutorial cd valohai-tutorial # Install the Valohai command line tools pip install valohai-cli valohai-utils
Next login to Valohai and link your local folder to a new Valohai project:
vh login # ... confirm the host and login with your username and password vh project create # give the project a name
Depending on your organization settings, you might be asked to choose the owner for the project. We suggest choosing the organization as the owner of the project.
If your organization is on a self-hosted version of Valohai, you’ll need to specify the login address with
vh login --host https://myvalohai.com
Next: Run an execution